• Bingo Games: 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Portuguese Hall, 2818 Avenida de Portugal. Doors open 4:30 p.m. Cost: $21 to play all the games; food and drink for purchase, non-profit event. (619) 223-5880.
• Friday Night Liberty: 5-9 p.m. first Fridays at Liberty Station, 2640 Historic Decatur Road, open studios and performances. Next event July 5. (619) 573-9306. libertystation.com
• Midway Community Planning Advisory Group: Meets 3 p.m. third Wednesdays at San Diego Community College District, Continuing Education, West City Campus, 3249 Fordham St., Room 208. Next meeting June 19.
• OB Farmers Market: 4-8 p.m. Wednesdays down Newport Avenue with entertainment, street food, flowers, crafts and produce for show and sale. (619) 279-0032.
• OB Library: Open 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday; 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday. Closed Sunday, 4801 Santa Monica Ave. Children’s Story Hour 10 a.m. Thursdays; Family Craft Hour 12:30 p.m. Thursdays; Baby/Children’s Yoga, 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Signing Crafts & Games, infants-preschoolers, 3:15 p.m. Mondays, Signs at Play, 10:30 a.m. Fridays. (619) 531-1532.
• Point Loma/Hervey Library: Open 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Thursday-Saturday; open 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday; open 12:30-5 p.m. Sunday. 3701 Voltaire St. Kids Song Jamboree 10:30 a.m. Mondays; Story time 3 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Sunday, June 29; Wrigglers & Crawlers Story Time 1 p.m. Sunday, June 23; Summer Reading Programs/Performers 10:30 a.m. Thursdays; Arts & Crafts 11:15 a.m. Thursdays; Chess Club 2 p.m. Thursdays; Wii B’ Gamin’ 3 p.m. Fridays. (619) 531-1539.
• OB Town Council: Meets 7 p.m. fourth Wednesdays at Masonic Center, 1711 Sunset Cliffs Blvd. (619) 515-4400. Next meeting June 26. obtowncouncil.org
• OB Planning Board: Meets 6 p.m. first Wednesdays at Ocean Beach Rec Center, 4726 Santa Monica Ave. Next meeting August 7.
• Open Mic Night: 7-9:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Lazy Hummingbird Coffee & Tea House, 4876 Santa Monica Ave. Hosted by Tyler Neuenswander. lazyhummingbirdob.com
• Clothing Swap: 7-8:30 p.m. third Thursdays, Lazy Hummingbird Coffee & Tea House, 4876 Santa Monica Ave. Swap out stuff you want to get rid of with like-minded individuals. $5, includes beverage. Next swap June 20. lazyhummingbirdob.com
• Peninsula Community Planning Board: Meets 6 p.m. third Thursdays at Point Loma Library, 3701 Voltaire St. Meetings currently suspended. pcpb.net
• Point Loma Association: Meets 7:30 a.m. second Wednesdays at Bali Hai Restaurant, 2230 Shelter Island Drive. Next meeting July 10. pointloma.org
• Mean Green Team Cleanups: Meets 9 a.m. Fridays. Location posted on Point Loma Association’s Facebook page. Gather at spots to weed, pick up trash, etc. (619) 736-1752. Pointloma.org/projects/mean-green-team
• Point Loma Native Plant Garden Work Party: 9-11 a.m. first Saturdays and third Sundays, 4444 Greene St. Light gardening activities and guided tour of the garden. Supplies provided. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Bring water and sun protection. E-mail email@example.com or call (619) 297-7380 to RSVP. Next meetings July 6 and July 21. sandiegoriver.org
• THE LOT Trivia Nights: 7-9 p.m. Mondays, Liberty Station, 2620 Truxtun Road. General knowledge trivia, first place team wins 10 movie tickets, second place team wins 6 movie tickets. Music and happy hour drinks. Free admission. (619) 566-0069. thelotent.com/liberty-station
•Sunset Cliffs Natural Park Council: Meets 6:45 p.m. first Mondays at Cabrillo Recreation Center, 3051 Canon St. Next meeting July 1. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Zumba Dance Class: 10-11 a.m. Saturdays, Point Loma Library, 3701 Voltaire St. (619) 531-1539.
• Padres Home Games: Petco Park, 100 Park Blvd. 7:10 p.m. Tuesday, June 18; 12:40 p.m. Wednesday, June 19; 7:10 p.m. Friday June 28; 7:10 p.m. Saturday, June 29; 1:10 p.m. Sunday, June 30. mlb.com/padres
• OB Historical Society: 7 p.m., Thursday, June 20, at Water’s Edge Faith Community, 1984 Sunset Cliffs Blvd. Lecture on horitulturist, landscaper, florist Kate Sessions who came to San Diego in 1883. Free. obhistory.org
• Summer Solstice with the Arts: 6-8 p.m. Friday, June 21; noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 22; noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 23 at Liberty Station. San Diego Dance Theater performs, yoga, public painting opportunities, music and more. Daily events free. libertystation.com
• San Diego International Organ Festival: 7:30 p.m. Monday, June 24, Spreckels Organ Pavilion, Balboa Park. Tribute to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, sound and light show, performance by Raúl Prieto Ramírez and the Spreckels Organ Rock Band. Family and pet-friendly. Free. Concerts continue Mondays through Aug. 26. spreckelsorgan.org/summer-2019/
• Summer Reading Program: Runs through Saturday, Aug. 31. Read 10 books or read for 10 hours (audiobooks and reading to your children is valid) to earn prizes. All ages. Register: sandiego.gov/summerreading
• OB Playhouse: “Sweeney Todd,” 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 3 p.m. Sunday, through June 23, 4944 Newport Ave. (No show June 27.) Tickets from $28. (619)795-9305. obplayhouse.com
• Oasis Lecture: 1-2:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, Point Loma/Hervey Library, 3701 Voltaire St. Representations of ideas, codes and symbols in art history. Free. (619) 531-1539. email@example.com
• Peninsula Shepherd Center Summer Celebration: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, June 21 at Point Loma Community Presbyterian Church, 2128 Chatsworth Blvd. Annual fundraiser for seniors includes food, live music, games, opportunity drawing and silent auction. Single ticket: $25; table of 4: $88. RSVP: (619) 223-1640 or SDPSC.org
• Festival of Yoga & Healthy Living: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 23 at Waterfront Park, 1600 Pacific Highway. Classes, music, booths on everything from sound immersion to asana to meditation. Free. Bring yoga mat or towel and water. RSVP: (619) 693-6282. festivalofyogasandiego.org
• PLHS Soccer Camp: 9 a.m. to noon, Monday-Friday, July 8-12 at Point Loma High School, 2335 Chatsworth Blvd. Money raised will buy new uniforms for JV and Varsity teams. Includes camp T-shirt, water, snacks. Run by PLHS Soccer coaching staff and players. $120. Register at pointersoccer.com
• Junk in the Trunk Sale: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 13; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 14, Liberty Station, 2629 Historic Decatur Road. Early entry available at 9 a.m. Saturday. General admission $10 at gate, early entry $20 online, $25 at gate, Shop all things chipped, rusty, vintage and handmade from 80 different shops. junkinthetrunkvintagemarket.com
• Water Wise Gardening Workshop: 2 p.m. Saturday, July 13, Ocean Beach Library, 4801 Santa Monica Ave. Learn effective ways to use water resources around the home and garden. Presented by Master Gardener Association of San Diego County. Free. (619) 531-1532.
• HELP! Lifeguards of San Diego County: 7 p.m. Thursday, July 18, At Water’s Edge Faith Community, 1984 Sunset Cliffs Blvd. Michael Martino, former chief lifeguard with the California State Parks, discusses life and death stories behind the formation of San Diego’s lifeguard service. Free. (619) 226-8125. obhistory.wordpress.com
• Cabrillo Sunset 5K: For the 5th annual event, check-in at 6 p.m., race begins 7 p.m. Saturday, July 20 at Cabrillo National Monument, 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Drive. Run or walk, first place winners in women’s and men’s divisions will be guaranteed registration for America’s Finest City Half Marathon, Aug. 18. Register: $20 child/$35 adult at active.com or cnmf.org
• National Carousel Day: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, July 25, Balboa Park Carousel. Free rides, face painting, balloon animals, J7 Productions (stilt-walker, unicyclist, juggler, hula hoops and tight-wire), music performances by Hullabaloo Band and Kathryn the Grape. Free. friendsofbalboapark.org/national-carousel-day
• Zovargo Beach Clean-up: 3-6 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at OB Pier parking lot. Clean up the beach and get educated on smart recycling. (619) 618-0745. More at Zovargo Facebook page or zovargo.org
• Symphony Bayside Summer Nights: Star Spangled Pops, 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, June 28-29 (all concerts at Embarcadero Marina Park South, 200 Marina Park Way, unless noted); Symphonic Celebrations of The Padres at 50, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 30; Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, 7 p.m. Thursday, July 4; The Doo Wop Project, 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 5; Mid Town Men, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 6; Dvo?ák’s New World Symphony, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, July 7; Legendary Women’s Voices: An Evening with Cynthia Erivo, 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 12; Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in Concert, 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14; Galaxy Quest in Concert, 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 19, Copley Symphony Hall, Jacobs Music Center, 750 B St.; Back to the Future in Concert 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 20, Copley Symphony Hall. Prices vary. sandiegosymphony.org
• Movies in the Park: 6 p.m. Friday, July 12, Dusty Rhodes Park, 2500 Sunset Cliffs Blvd. “Mary Poppins Returns,” 15 minutes after sunset. Bring a picnic, chair or blanket. Free. summermoviesinthepark.com
—Compiled by Savanah Duffy. E-mail events for inclusion in the August/September issue to firstname.lastname@example.org or call