Election 2020: Things to know about voting
If you’re planning to cast a ballot by mail or in person for the Nov. 3 general election, here are some things to know:
▶ All active registered voters in California will be mailed a vote-by-mail ballot beginning Monday, Oct. 5.
▶ Completed ballots can be submitted by mail or at drop-off locations staffed by election workers. The drop-off locations will be open Oct. 6 through Nov. 3. Hours may vary (check each location’s website), except on Election Day, when all drop-off locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In Ocean Beach and Point Loma, drop-off locations will be at:
• Ocean Beach Library, 4801 Santa Monica Ave.
• Point Loma/Hervey Library, 3701 Voltaire St.
• T. Claude and Gladys B. Ryan Family YMCA, 4390 Valeta St.
▶ In-person polling places will be open four days, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 31 through Nov. 2 and 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 3. Voters will be assigned to a polling place.
In Ocean Beach and Point Loma, polling places will be at:
• Cabrillo Elementary School, 3120 Talbot St.
• Loma Portal Elementary School, 3341 Browning St.
• Correia Middle School, 4302 Valeta St.
• Dana Middle School, 1775 Chatsworth Blvd.
• Ocean Beach Recreation Center, 4726 Santa Monica Ave.
▶ County public health orders regarding face coverings and social distancing will be in effect because of the coronavirus pandemic.
▶ For more information, visit sdvote.com or call (858) 565-5800.
Source: San Diego County registrar of voters office